If you want to experience freedom, give up your point of view.
Haley Bevers, Owner of The Yoga Stand
What would you do if you had a good, solid, safe career and job outlook but it was really something else that lit your fire from within? Would you play it safe or jump ship and make your own way?
I’m not saying either path is right or wrong, but I would like to tell you about the path I chose.
I started yoga in college – a class here and there, nothing steady but every time I went a true connection – to myself, to my energy, to others around me. I took note. And I moved on to a “real” career. I followed what was logical and what I was good at which was numbers. I helped people plan the safety of retirement as a Certified Financial Planner®. Security was important to my clients, as was the feeling of empowerment they got by making decisions about their future. I, however, was not feeling quite so empowered. I lacked fulfillment and I felt like I could make a real impact in others lives outside of helping them track their hard-earned dollars.
I also knew from my now solid and steady yoga practice that happiness was a choice, which meant suffering was a choice as well. Hhhmmm – which to choose, which to choose? I did the unusual, I chose happiness. For me that meant choosing a life-career in yoga. As it turns out, I made the right choice.
My goal for you is to help you use your yoga practice to make the right choices. To feel grounded and nurtured in your practice and your life, and to expand physically and mentally. I want you to feel at home and comfortable at The Yoga Stand and on your mat, no matter where you land. I’m always here to answer questions, calm your fears about the unknown and support your journey. It’s truly an honor to meet you and have you in my studio. If you are here, in one way or another you have chosen happiness as well. Congratulations!
My Expertise, Training and Studies:
• Certified Financial Planner, CFP.
• Certified Baptiste (BPYI) 200HR RYT, Yoga Alliance RYT 200HR, E-RYT 200HR, teaching since 2007.
• I’ve studied yoga with Tias Little, Master Teacher of Pranja Yoga.
• Trained extensively with Dolores Cannon, QHHT, in healing hypnosis as certified Level 1 Hypnotist.
• I have expert training in the areas of color therapy and the chakra system.
• I am an experienced life coach.
• I regularly study the art of Reiki, an ancient Japanese technique for energy healing
• I have had personal/weight training certifications.
• Dancing! Why list dancing here? Because it is one of the oldest forms of yoga (according to the Shiva Rea). I love dance and incorporate many things I have learned about energy in my dance training. I am trained in Latin, Ballroom, and my favorite – the West Coast Swing.